[Swansea Hackspace] Raspberry Pi - kiosk mode

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 21:36:58 GMT 2015

On 23/01/15 20:28, Emyr Morris wrote:

> for example, I have a web page that is refreshed every 5 mins, if
> chromium has not refreshed in 10 mins it needs to be restarted.

I am assuming here that refreshing means that the page is reloaded.

If then everytime the page is reloaded you get it to run a CGI script
that is embedded in it.
This CGI script writes the time away to a file.
You then have a separate cron job that examines that file periodically
and sees if it has been updated within the requisite time period. If it
hasn't it kills the chromium process and restarts another one.

Neil