[Swansea Hackspace] Sewing machine

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Thu Jul 23 11:38:54 BST 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-23 at 10:58 +0100, David Rankin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This is my wife's sewing machine
>
> She hardlyng uses it , and I think I can convince her to donate it.
> Would it be something you might want?
>
> It's in good nick, a tchibo TCM 24 stitch and German made, so should
> be good quality.

Yes please, a sewing machine would be wonderful, sharon has left hers
there for periods in the past, but its home again at the moment, so one
that will live there, even if just on loan, would be great.

This is probably a good point to ask if anyone has ideas and suggestions
for how we should organise the space, for the moment at least we have
that whole big room, so we should make the most of it.

My thoughts so far were to have the noisy machines and storage in the
little officey room. have the comfy seating down the other end by the
kitchenette. we should also have a sewing station setup near that end
for the good light there.

then theres the solder station, we can put the component stores with
that, as well as the newly improved (thanks dr. tim) collection of PSUs,
CROs etc.

we should try and fix up the various donated computers and have a
section of workstations, as theres often contention for the single one
we currently have which is going to need to stay with the cnc.

I really feel that our future involves encouraging more artistic and
craft based activities, there is a lot of scope for interaction between
art and electronics, craft and technology, and a bigger brighter more
welcoming space will certainly help there.

This is our chance to "Go Big" to build the place to be everything we
always wanted, and push like crazy to grow the membership to justify the
space that our generous sponsors Techub are providing us with.

Please throw your ideas in the hat and lets see what we can build
together.