[Swansea Hackspace] Teaching Children to Code

David Davies-Day djdavies83 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 13:04:44 BST 2015

I gave to say, I am very interested in this concept.

I would definitely bring Lily alone to one of these.

As a sort of related topic, for a summer holidays project, I want to build a chronometer with Lily  (7 years) to display how fast she can kick a football (she has had fasted shot in the class 3 years in a row and got a little upset that she almost didn't get it this year, proud Dad section finished).

I want to get her as involved as possible in code and hardware, thinking of using piezo to pick up the spikes of kicking the ball to it hitting the fence/target, IR may work for the trigger but not sure if it would catch for the end hit.

Any ideas or help on this would be cool, not intension of a Hijack Richard, I think we're looking for the same answer.

No animals were harmed in the making of this email. However, several thousand electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Sharon,

I absolutely love the simplicity of this idea and think that workshops around this would be really fun and accessible.

I know this is a bit OT but could we/hackspace put on some workshops like this at TechHub? I think it would be really well attended too. People bring kids and lego to learn how to code!

:)

— Paul