[Swansea Hackspace] Teaching Children to Code

Paul Harwood paul at harwood-leon.com
Mon Jul 27 01:01:11 BST 2015

October sounds doable…

I have started a trello board to record the discussions (I have to port over our tech challenges one too Gerrit, Justin and Tom, I haven’t forgotten it - just needs resurrecting)

https://trello.com/b/ckpzyCay/teaching-children-to-code <https://trello.com/b/ckpzyCay/teaching-children-to-code>

(FYI) For us trello boards are a good way of publicly working stuff out. It’s used widely in the organisation to quickly record tasks and events. It’s probably simpler for us to use this as a way to communicate with Hackspace because then we don’t have to context switch.

We can involve our Community Manager here for publicity too. We have a new lady starting on the 3rd of August, but Phil (cc’ed in) is hanging around for a good while as an organiser, so please bug him with any questions you have or any events coming up.

We can put together a good package to support this event, put on some food and maybe even a few prizes like a few Raspberry Pi’s for the winning team. It would be great PR for both organisations and exactly the kind of thing that would lend itself to a big space.

:)

 — Paul