[Swansea Hackspace] Next Technical Events?

David Davies-Day djdavies83 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:05:27 BST 2015

That's great,  thanks Justin. I imagine it will fly through polystyrene,  the discs you get under supermarket Pizza to be more precise

It appears that my favourite (only because I it was part of my college course) 2D CAD program, draftsight, can export EMF.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082504

I can do a tutorial on this if there is anyone interested,  in not a pro, but I can handle this thing pretty well.

Python tutorials:

I would love to learn Python for making android device apps:

USB Serial communication
USB HID joysticks
Virtual buttons/joysticks
Client
Server
Reading/writing to an ESP8266 over wifi.

These kind of thing are what I'm looking to achieve,  I know I'll have to start small of course.

No animals were harmed in the making of this email. However, several thousand electrons were severely inconvenienced.

On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 13:43 +0100, David Davies-Day wrote:
> Justin, what formats for artwork are needed for the Laser cutter? I
> forget what the bed size is.

For cutting it has to be a vector format, the software only accepts EMF
(Enhanced MetaFile) format, but anything that inkscape will accept will
do as it can convert.

For engraving/rastering then emf or any standard bitmap format will do.

Your image should be single colour only, with black where you want to
cut/mark.

The bed size is roughly A4, we havent measured it precisely yet.

Haven't finalised what to cover in the induction course, but i imagine
it will be cutting some card, and engraving+cutting a small acrylic
piece, with a fee to cover the material and laser running costs.
Hopefully within the next 2 weeks.