[Swansea Hackspace] Next Technical Events?

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Wed Jun 10 21:02:15 BST 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 18:05 +0100, David Davies-Day wrote:
> That's great,  thanks Justin. I imagine it will fly through
> polystyrene,  the discs you get under supermarket Pizza to be more
> precise

Reading around suggests that HIPS/polystyrene is tricky to work with,
the cut edges are prone to puffing up.

> Python tutorials:

> I would love to learn Python for making android device apps:

Native Android applications are written in Java not python.

There are 3rd party products to make python work, but the same is true
for just about every language, and you'll be jumping through hoops to
interface to the system java APIs.

Likewise you can write android apps in C/C++ with the official tools,
but you spend most of the time calling interfaces to the java system API
and dealing with the consequences of the conversions.