[Swansea Hackspace] Minimal and bespoke TV remote control

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:51:24 BST 2015

Hi there,

Thanks for all the feedback!

Justin:
- I saw an e-ink keyboard concept last week - still not sure if it’s vapourware or not: http://www.solidsmack.com/design/new-sonder-e-ink-keyboard-changes-hot-keys-as-you-change-digital-tools/ <http://www.solidsmack.com/design/new-sonder-e-ink-keyboard-changes-hot-keys-as-you-change-digital-tools/> If I could get hold of the buttons they’re using for that keyboard it would be pretty cool!
- What button sets would you need?
- I haven’t heard of HDMI-CEC before, googled it and realised that it’s because I don’t have a “smart” TV and because every manufacturer has a different name for it (EasyLink, SimpLink, Aquos Link, Bravia Sync etc. etc.)

Ceri: I should’ve mentioned in my original post that I don’t want to use a touch screen, as I prefer physical buttons that can be pressed without having to look at the screen and give some haptic feedback so that you know when you pressed them.

Richard: Images like this one were the inspiration for this project: