[Swansea Hackspace] Minimal and bespoke TV remote control

Richard Morgan richard.morgan at avocation.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 15:42:02 BST 2015

Hi Gerrit,
Yep I can certainly relate to that image and the inspiration.

It's so hard when you get a phone call from a frustrated family member only
hours after you've been at her house and trying to verbally explain to an
octogenarian how to make a simple sequence of keypresses on two remote
controls is awfully hard - especially after 10 mins of dialogue you realise
she's holding the spare cordless phone and not the TV remote at all!!

Good luck with this worthwhile project.

Richard

P.S. I've also considered setting up an IR blaster transmitter in her house
and an IR receiver in my house so that I could point the remote at the IR
received in my house and have it transmit the signal to her house over the
internet to the IR blaster there that would send the IR signal to her
TV/Skybox....no idea if it's possible.