[Swansea Hackspace] RAMPS Driver

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Mon Mar 2 13:57:17 GMT 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 10:10 +0000, Ceri Clatworthy wrote:
> Hi, Just got myself a RAMPS board,
> but cannot find WINDOWS XP/7 CDC Driver ....

> I CANNOT install ARDUINO IDE because its my works PC,
> but desperate to play ...

So, presumably you mean the usb drivers for the Arduino Mega board you
should be using with the RAMPS shield ?

Don't have to install the arduino ide, just download the zip file
version for windows, the main arduino.inf file should give you the
drivers you need.  (Hint: its not an FTDI chip)
http://arduino.cc/download_handler.php?f=/arduino-1.6.0-windows.zip

If its a prebuilt copy of Marlin you want, then send me the relevant
config files and i will build it and send you the .hex file