[Swansea Hackspace] Running events for Hackspace

Richard Morgan richard.morgan at avocation.co.uk
Sun Oct 18 12:35:19 BST 2015

Hi All,
It was *really great to get down to the space* this weekend and attend an
event and see new faces that haven't been before (and get choc biccies too).

The bigger space is REALLY fantastic and it's looking like a really great
makerspace now with all the storage and different stations setup for 3D
Printing, Soldering, Sewing and textiles and the laser cutter / CNC room.

It's also FAB to see a rich list of events in the calendar
<http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Meetings/Next>for everyone to enjoy too
(don't forget RAGWORM night tomorrow ☺)

*BUT.....(you knew there would be one).*

To keep the bigger space we need to increase members and income to the
space (any ideas?).

*Did you say you would run an event?*
Is anyone else able to commit to run an event (instead of it ALWAYS being
Justin) please? Justin is proposing a 'Build your own Robot' series of
classes early next year - what else could we do?

It would be good to *capitalise on the Christmas spirit* to entice new
members and also tap into the '*New Year's Resolution*' to incentivise
people to pick up new skills - and where better than our Hackspace!! :-)

*DON'T BE SHY - Any ideas or suggestions on how we can attract more members
and promote our HACKSPACE then please reply here... Many thanks in advance.*