[Swansea Hackspace] Ubiquiti Access Points?

Nathan Hackett nhackett1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:42:23 BST 2016

I was looking at picking up a couple of APs for myself, came across this
deal on ebay-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-x-UBiQUiTi-UniFi-AP-2-4GHz-300Mb-s-Wireless-Access-Point-PoE-Adapter-Bundle-/111956661324

Works out at £17.50 each, amazing deal, but 12 is rather a lot! They have a
few "enterprise" type features which could be useful for us, like a captive
portal for non-logged in users, seamless handoff, and load balancing to
spread the connections between different units (good for busy evenings with
lots of connected devices). Apparently great range too.

Anyway I'd be happy to get the 12 up front, have two for myself, and then
sell the spares to whoever wants them. If everyone overpaid by a few
pounds, could even end up with a few at no cost to use in the hackspace. :)

Thoughts?