[Swansea Hackspace] [Announce] Robot Challenge @ Swansea Jam

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 25 12:05:08 BST 2016

When: Sunday 15th May 2016
Time: any time 10am - 4pm
Where: Techhub Swansea, Urban Village, 221 High Street, Swansea
What: Robot Challenge
Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/swansea-jam-tickets-23798915196

Swansea Hackspace will be attending this years Swansea Jam being held by
PiCymru on Sunday 15th May at Techhub's new premises on High Street.

At this event we will be running a set of Robot Challenges that anyone
can enter. There will be a line following course, and an obstacle
avoidance / maze course. You can come along at any time during the Jam
and enter a robot, all runs will be timed and the best times will go up
on our leader board. With prizes being awarded at the end of the day.

The challenges have been designed with the robots from our How to Build
a Robot course in mind, but you may enter your own choice of robot, or
borrow and reprogram one of ours.

We will be offering the graphical Blockly system to reprogram our
robots, so no previous experience is required, and you can also prepare
and download your own code in advance from our website.
http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/blockly/