[Swansea Hackspace] MRes in wearable accelerometer tech

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:31:01 GMT 2016

I worked with one of the researchers (Kelly Mackintosh) on a previous project where we gave Fitbit Zips (durable, easy to clean) to the kids. However, given the proprietary nature of Fitbit, it was difficult to get fine-grained data (for which we would have to pay extra). Glad to see they want to develop their own solution - try to get them to make it open-source! (In which case, http://makezine.com/projects/make-43/open-source-smartwatch/ <http://makezine.com/projects/make-43/open-source-smartwatch/> will be a good start)