[Swansea Hackspace] Laser firmware

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Wed Jan 27 09:23:04 GMT 2016

On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 08:43 +0000, Ceri Clatworthy wrote:
> Hi I have just found this,

> Might be a good upgrade for our laser cutter

> http://hackaday.com/2016/01/26/stop-driving-laser-cutters-with-3d-printer-software/

> https://github.com/openhardwarecoza/LaserWeb

Yes, i've been following this for a little while on the G+ group thats
dedicated to the K40 laser cutter.  Although i do think the articles
title is a little disingenuous as the control board is still going to be
a standard opensource 3dprinter/cnc one :)

https://plus.google.com/communities/118113483589382049502

Lots of chatter and mods for the laser cutter we have, one i picked up
yesterday was this 3d printable mod, which adds air assist and an
alignment crosshair, for which i have ordered the £2.50 worth of lasers
for.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1063067