[Swansea Hackspace] Daily Countdown (but working days not calendar)

Richard Morgan richard.morgan at avocation.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 08:05:05 GMT 2016

Hi All,
I want to create a large office display 'countdown' clock to a specific
date...but...I want it to countdown 'working days' and not just calendar
days!! =:-O

I would need to be able to programme in the bank-holidays and weekends so
that they can be excluded and the 'days left number' is accurate as the
weeks progress...

It would need to be a large 3 digit LED display for the days left countdown
to be visible across the office.

Ideally it would be something that I could run off a re-chargeable battery
pack for portability but plugging in would be okay.

Would this be a Raspberry Pi project or would you recommend an Arduino?

All suggestions very gratefully received...

Richard