[Swansea Hackspace] Logos etc...

Richard Morgan richard.morgan at avocation.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 20:54:46 BST 2016

Quick question - who are we aiming at?

- who do we think is most likely to 'join'

OR

- who do we think is most likely to come through the door at least (maybe
join later)

And then....

...what does our logo/visuals need to look like to attract them?

Have we attracted over the last 2 yrs all the 'geeks' we're likely to get?

- would we be better setting up a Pokemon 'lure' to get people through the
door?

On Monday, 18 July 2016, Paul Harwood <paul at harwood-leon.com> wrote:

> love the first logo, quite versatile too.
>
> — Paul
>
> On 18 Jul 2016, at 20:36, Nathan Hackett <nhackett1 at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','nhackett1 at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
> Whoops, wrong 2nd link-
> http://nathanhackett.com/hackspace.jpg
>
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 8:35 PM, Nathan Hackett <nhackett1 at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','nhackett1 at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Been doing some mockups for a potential new logo/branding - for the
>> website, flyers, vinyl logo for the glass doors etc. This is doesn't
>> represent more than a couple hours work so please don't worry about being
>> tactful!
>>
>> http://nathanhackett.com/hackspace.png
>>
>> If people are happy with the 'square' motif I'll put some more time into
>> a polished version, with some depth and detail. The kerning on the text
>> needs a lot of tweaking. The quadcopter/circuit diagram graphics are just
>> placeholders, I'd do nice hand-drawn versions which fit better.
>>
>> Any feedback at all would be useful, or suggestions, or other logos that
>> people like. Some earlier tests, not planning on using any of these-
>>
>> http://nathanhackett.com/hackspace.png
>>
>> Next stage after logos is some website layouts. :)

Kind regards,

Richard