[Swansea Hackspace] Logos etc...

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Tue Jul 19 10:01:43 BST 2016

On Mon, 2016-07-18 at 21:58 +0100, S Wathan wrote:
> If you want to get the name out there, then have you looked at
> streetlife.com and meetup?

Unfortunately Meetup costs money,
to be able to post events (be an 'organiser') you have to subscribe and
its a minimum of $10 a month.

Istr early on that richard kindly donated some membership and tried
using meetup to advertise our events, we didn't get any responses via
it at the time, and its expensive for what we would get out of it.

I am all for people putting an advert for us up on any appropriate
websites they find. We should already be on all the major hack/make-
space listings websites, but i am sure there are many more we haven't
thought of.

Nathan,

The mockups look like they would make nice flyers, postcards, or other
smallish advertising material. we need to have a hard think about where
to deploy such things, and which kinds of people they would attract.

The font/logos, whilst the first one looks nice, i think it sends the
wrong message, to me it screams computer geeks, and we are trying to be
so much more than just that.