[Swansea Hackspace] Arduino Mega and Nema 17 motors

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue May 3 11:38:43 BST 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 11:20 +0100, Brian J Hoskins wrote:

> Regarding crimp tools, the 'proper' one is here but sit down and put
> your cup-of-tea on the side before you take a look at the price.  Even
> if I was a billionaire, I would not pay that out of general principal.
>

> There is an alternative (affordable?) crimp tool which uses
> exchangeable dies.  Here.

The crimp tool doesn't need to be expensive, it's a common design and
even farnell will sell you one a lot cheaper, heres one it recommended
to me when looking at other similar connectors.

http://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d03015/d-sub-open-barrel-crimp-tool/dp/TL01733
£16.78 inc vat

i tend to buy parts from the CPC arm of farnell, they have less stock,
but are often cheaper and have only a £5 minimum order threshold.

you can probably find even cheaper ones on ebay, search for 'f-crimp' or
'open barrel'