[Swansea Hackspace] Sharing your projects and work-in-progress

Brian J Hoskins brian at hoskins.eu
Mon May 16 15:44:36 BST 2016

Thanks Gerrit, I checked out Wevolver and it looks like a nice platform.

We already have github and similar alternatives for software projects, so
it's good to have an open-source platform which recognises the requirements
of hardware (and mixed hardware/software) projects too.

I set myself up an account there and started to add my project, but during
that process I gained the impression that the platform is intended for
completed (or near-completed) projects which are ready to be cloned,
built-upon or improved.  I checked out some other projects on there and it
strengthened my impression.
I don't think my project is ready to be compared against the polished
efforts of the other projects on Wevolver just yet, but it will be going
into service at a public place eventually so at that point I'll definitely
be able to add it.  I'll visit this again when it is closer to completion.

In general I think it's good for us as members to get better at sharing
information about our projects, as this is surely one of the first things a
newcomer would take an interest in when trying to find out more about our
hackspace.

Cheers!