[Swansea Hackspace] Behold My Self Strumming Guitar

Jon Pitans jonpitans at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 1 10:20:49 BST 2017

​Hi,

I just thought I'd like to share this with the group, this has taken about
2 months and I'm very glad its finished. Its a guitar I modified with a
mechanism to strum itself leaving the players other hand free to drink a
beer, eat a sandwich, or play Angry Birds.

Here is a link to the build video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjR3FyrjZGA

I'm planning a more refined version as a mark2, this is only a rough proof
of concept but I'd be very interested in you guys feedback. The next
version is hopefully going to incorporate a trigger pedal and a more
powerful motor as this one struggles when you play high notes due to more
of the "plectrum" having to pass the string, it very often gets stuck.
Anyway the next one will be much cleaner and tidier if I have had induction
on the CNC machine by that point.

Let me know what you think.

Jon