[Swansea Hackspace] Arduino takeout availability & price

Thomas Lake tom at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Thu Aug 10 12:00:42 BST 2017

On 10/08/17 10:53, David Davies-Day wrote:
> Hi all, are there any takeout kits available and what is the price
> for one?
I think there was one left next to the rest of the parts bins - £5 if
it's still there, if not then we'll have to look at assembling some more.

The kit doesn't contain an Arduino, so you would need to add an Arduino
or ESP8266/NodeMCU board as well. Those are in the parts bins, prices
are on the labels (From memory, £5 for the Arduino + cable, £3 for the
NodeMCU board)

> Want to gift one to my nephew, he's just getting into programming.

Good plan. Plenty of tutorials out there, although the hackspace ones at
http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Tutorials/ArduinoIntro should be
relevant to the contents of the take out box if you wanted a starting point.

- Tom