[Swansea Hackspace] Hackspace Digest, Vol 50, Issue 6

Tim Luther Lewis luthercymru2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:18:01 GMT 2017

I brought in a bunch of atmel avr32 boards a few months ago. I have around
50 of these in total (from a friend who works an an embedded systems place
- they didn't need them) and I was labouring under the misunderstanding
that I needed to burn an image on to an SD card to get them working. Turns
out, I was wrong: they have busybox flashed on to the devices and you're
supposed to cross compile from a win/linux PC. You can ssh (root, pw:
roota) on to the devices but you may need to override a fail safe by doing
this (it turns out that the ssh implementation on the device is no longer
considered secure - never mind, it's on a local network) like this:
ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 root at whateveripitsat

once you're connected, type 'roota' as the password and you're in.
I figure that if I can work out some use for these, I've got so many of
them we could re-purpose them as hardware controllers, army of robots etc.

Anyway, thought I'd share that.
All the best,
Tim.