[Swansea Hackspace] Calibrating the 3d printer?

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 14:41:15 GMT 2017

I understand that the 3d Printer needs calibrating. I don't want to
tread on anyone's toes because someone else offered to do it at the
AGM, but if it hasn't been done yet I MAY be able to get it done quickly.

I am working on something part of it could use the printer and I need it
fairly quickly as I have a deadline and I would prefer it not to be
running too hot,I also have to run a piece of equipment with a camera
for at least an hour to test battery and memory usage and the space
might be the ideal place to do it.

My first step is to experiment with a sewing machine, which I have used
before, to see if my idea is feasible using my skills and to improve
them anyway so I intend to do this quickly as I will need to order the
proper materials.

So what I am saying is that I am offering to do is take those
measurements if I can and let people know when I have done them. That is
if the work hasn't been done yet.

So if someone can tell me what precisely needs to be done then I can see
if I can do it.

I am going to try to get my early experiments done this weekend and If I
can't I may not have the time until later in the week and there are some
restrictions on my time
anyway. So the best thing is for me to tell whoever I need to when I
have done it and to otherwise assume it still needs to be done.

Neil