[Swansea Hackspace] Temporary Cnc machine enclosure

Andy Rush Andymrush at live.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 12:00:27 BST 2017

I had an idea for a temporary enclosure for the cnc machine: we cover it with one of the large transparent plastic storage boxes that Wilkinsons sell. It'd be easy to cut holes in to run the control wiring and a vacuum hose through, It should keep chips/swarf/sawdust contained for easier cleanup, and more importantly wouldn't involve modifying the machine in any way. Also it'd be a fairly cheap stopgap until a better solution can be rigged up.

If there's no objections to this idea, I'll drop by the space this afternoon to get some measurements for the machine, then pop over to Wilkinsons to see if they've got anything that fits.

Andy