[Swansea Hackspace] Temporary Cnc machine enclosure

Sophia Komninou sophia.komninou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:42:54 BST 2017

Hi Andy,

As you know this afternoon is a crafternoon day. I'd rather we keep the
atmosphere of the event focused on crafts. After all crafternoons are about
6 hours every month in total. I feel disturbing those 6 hours with
something that can be done any other day or time is a bit unfair.

I recognize I might be a bit biased and overprotective over crafternoon
times but this is what brought me to the hackspace in the first place as I
didn't initially think this was "a place for me" as I don't really use the
machinery or the electronics. This might be the case for potential future
members.
As I understand it, hackspace's policy is to be as inclusive as possible on
the things people create withing it so I feel that disturbing events like
crafternoon or asking if the metal fillings count as glitter is not
conductive of this.

As I said, just my biased opinion here and I don't really know how many are
sharing the sentiment. I just felt like voicing it.

Best,
Sophia