[Swansea Hackspace] ESP8266 stock

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Fri Jun 9 16:01:56 BST 2017

On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 14:34 +0000, David Davies-Day wrote:
> Maybe I didn't look properly, I bought 1 months ago (it's MIA), I
> bough 3 today on the theory that once I have code working on one of
> the DEV boards, I can  run the final project on the 50p 07 board.
>
> P.S. I had a box of scrap laptop parts from Mike O Soft, I have loads
> of WiFi card antenna that clip onto the 07, if anyone needs some I
> can bring some on Monday night.

I think 3 is all we had of those modules, didn't buy too many incase
they didn't sell, personally i have switched to using the D1-Mini
boards as they are better spec and you don't have to make a pcb to
stick them to.  D1-Mini also has a Pro version available which has even
more flash and an external antenna socket

Handy list of all the module types available and their specs:

http://www.esp8266.com/wiki/doku.php?id=esp8266-module-family#summary_t
able

if you need that external socket, and want the plain module then the 07
is probably still best, they look to be around the £1.50 mark.