[Swansea Hackspace] URGENT: 3d printer problems

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 00:18:56 GMT 2017

I have just spent a frustrating evening trying to get either of the 3d
printers working,

1. How do I get started with the reprap. I did the induction. I don't
know what is necessary to get the printer started. For example how to
power it and control it white starting it up and feeding in the filament,.

2, Ceri's printer is a masterpiece of design. I am always pointing it
out to new people as a good example of lateral thinking as it is made of
wood.
However, I failed to get it going. After creating my file and putting it
on the card. The next step is to scroll through a menu.
There isn't one. All I get is a message on screen saying the card has
been inserted. I have tried twiddling the knob and pressing the little
switch and even touching the screen all to no avail. The instructions
actually don't say how to scroll through the menu anyway.

I would appreciate speedy assistance please.

I'd be happy to help on producing improved instructions once I get
something working. It would also be useful to have someone who doesn't
yet have detailed experience to assist in trying them out.

Would it be useful for the space to have its own Youtube account?

Neil