[Swansea Hackspace] URGENT: 3d printer problems

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Sun Mar 5 11:03:53 GMT 2017

On Sun, 2017-03-05 at 00:18 +0000, Neil Jones wrote:
> I have just spent a frustrating evening trying to get either of the
> 3d
> printers working,
>
> 1. How do I get started with the reprap. I did the induction. I don't
> know what is necessary to get the printer started. For example how to
> power it and control it white starting it up and feeding in the
> filament,.

Follow the power cable from the bottom corner of the printer to the
silver psu, make sure its plugged in.

control is via the website:
remote: http://reprap.swansea.hackspace.org.uk

using the ip address is often faster.

the controls from there should be familiar.

> 2, Ceri's printer is a masterpiece of design. I am always pointing it
> out to new people as a good example of lateral thinking as it is made
> of wood.
> However, I failed to get it going. After creating my file and putting
> it on the card. The next step is to scroll through a menu.

You have to push the knob in the activate/select things, twiddle it to
change selection.

> I'd be happy to help on producing improved instructions once I get
> something working. It would also be useful to have someone who
> doesn't
> yet have detailed experience to assist in trying them out.
Please do.

The entire website is a wiki, much of it is editable by members,
improving the guides that are there is helpfuil to everyone.

just shout at me if you dont have an 'Edit' link on the relevant page.

> Would it be useful for the space to have its own Youtube account?

If someone wants to make the videos for it, i.e. not me :)