[Swansea Hackspace] Old rack servers

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Mar 19 14:47:16 GMT 2017

If anyone would like a new toy I have a few rack mount servers sitting
here surplus to any requirement.

Several HP G360's (V5 later board), a Dell 2850, 2950. All have some
drives although the best way to run them fast is to stick an M.2 SSD or
NVME in one of the PCI-E slots on the riser instead !

All currently have one CPU installed. CPU's are mostly Xeon 5300 era,
although the G360's will take a pair of 5420's or some of the other 5400
processors providing the firmware is updated. All have ILO or DRAC remote
management.

Machines are free - you collect, I have some rails for the G360's but
unlike the computers the rails are actually worth something if you need a
set.

Alan