[Swansea Hackspace] Is it possible to bypass the CNC computer?

Nathan Hackett nhackett1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:30:31 BST 2017

Right now it's frozen with the hdd thrashing, seemingly a result of four
firefox tabs being left open. Any objections to just plugging my laptop
into the arduino control board via usb and sending gcode directly? Mainly
for speed/convenience, but also so I can try bCNC - it has a tool offset
feature which UGS lacks.

I managed to do a successful facing cut and a multi-depth pocket cut from
Fusion360, the delrin machines really nicely. Also ordered a low-profile
mini vice for work holding.