[Swansea Hackspace] Using the bandsaw

Aled punkaled at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 17:25:49 GMT 2017

I've put a better quality blade on the bandsaw and set it up correctly and it is now cutting 100 times better than before. It is a wood cutting blade, and should also be fine for plastics but I would appreciate it if it wasn't used to cut metals, there are other blades in the tin that are better suited and less expensive, if you don't know how to change the blade and change the speed of the saw correctly then ask for help, I'd much rather spend 10 minutes showing someone how to do it properly than have the saw broken again, have to buy more blades, or worse still someone have an accident from doing something unsafe.
Cheers,
Aled.