[Swansea Hackspace] LEDs failed in my World Globe nightlight

Ceri Clatworthy ceri.clatworthy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 08:41:48 BST 2017

your photo is not great,
but I would try re-melting the solder joints (use some LEADED solder, and a
little flux, if you have it)

I an guessing the small vertical PCB is the controller ? (no photo !! )

if it is an epoxy blob then there might be no fix it solution,

If you have a DMM, set it to diode, and test the LED's

you should be able to get them to glow, to prove failure, (*don't know
capabilities of your DMM, so not conclusive fail)*

Cheers

Ceri