[Swansea Hackspace] bench power supply

Andy Rush Andymrush at live.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 10:06:37 BST 2018

Yeah, I do my own anodising. I've got an *extremely* amateur budget rig I've cobbled together for anodising small prop pieces with the Low Current Density method, but it works well enough for my needs. I've mostly done anodising for decorative reasons, rather than anodising for corrosion resistance reasons, but the method is pretty much identical, just with a longer time in the anodising tank.

As to alloys. I'm not sure where you've read that, but from personal experience, 6082 takes to anodising easily (which is good, given that 6082 is the most common alloy for extruded aluminium sold by online retailers). 6060 series alloys (6061 and 6063-T1) take to anodising like a charm, but pretty much all alloys in the 6000 and 7000 series will take Types 2 and 3 anodising easily. 1000 through 5000 Series only really anodise with Type 1/chromic acid anodising, which I have never done -and given the equipment required, is virtually impossible for the amateur/hobbyist to do, anyway.

Cheers

Andy