[Swansea Hackspace] Flip dot display group project...

Nathan Hackett nhackett1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 01:36:29 GMT 2018

If anyone is interested in the new group project, I've put a page on the
website-
https://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Main/Projects

Most of this is taken from what Peter managed to find out (in one day!). He
has made a google docs page to pool our information-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vR_SWq8sPydsWIQ832bTGQPMFefCNGMGWPGvfA5CLWcXVjtyCF8e5IOs0H8OKQGIg1GNKEIMmheXh31/pub

If anyone wants the edit link for that, just email me. The more help we can
get the better, need programming skills (microcontroller plus higher level
network/ui stuff), case making, reverse engineering, soldering, possibly
pcb making...

I have 7 panels in total, but only two controller boards that can each run
up to three panels together in series. Ideally we would like to replicate
enough of the "brains" of the system to construct up to 7 separate units. I
am committed to donating one panel free to the hackspace, and possibly a
second one at cost (£30), if it's necessary for the type of display we want
to build.

If you want to see them in action check out the instagram. ;-)