[Swansea Hackspace] Flip dot display group project...

Nathan Hackett nhackett1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:35:56 GMT 2018

I'm definitely less qualified than all of you when it comes to picking the
most appropriate boards and chips, so I'll defer to your expertise!
Will bring the seventh panel, the other control board (if I can find it)
plus an 8 channel logic analyser on Monday so those interested can have a
tinker and figure out a plan. If anyone has ideas for suitable
grease/lubricant for the tiny metal hinges on the dots, please bring that
along to test. Needs to be fairly viscous I would guess, the hinges
themselves are loosely seated in holes in the plastic housing. Would be
great to solve the "sticking dot" problem without resorting to mechanically
"tapping" the panels.

It appears the same seller I bought from still has panels for sale, he's
more than doubled his prices though... Don't think we'll be picking up more
any time soon!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/psv_automobilia/m.html

It's great that Wednesdays are starting to fill up. :)