[Swansea Hackspace] basic security system

Peter Barnes pe5erb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:32:31 GMT 2018

Alex,

I've had good experiences with these alarm locks (http://goo.gl/HrExrk)
combined with a good quality d-lock (back wheel and frame) and cable lock
(front wheel). If you rattle the bike for a few seconds it sets off a very
loud alarm that should deter thieves.

As for your security alarm idea, it should all be fairly straightforward.
I'd look into running your pi using PoE and combining into one waterproof
unit a pi, PIR sensor, bright led and camera. Might be worth buying a cheap
security light (http://goo.gl/RU3gnM) as a source for the led, PIR sensor
and part of the housing (these aren't very waterproof however)

Hope that helps,

Peter Barnes