[Swansea Hackspace] Anyone want an old Hoover electric motor?

Andy Rush Andymrush at live.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 11:42:13 BST 2018

It may have been. the problem might have been exacerbated by repeated attempts at ressucitative percussive maintenance performed with an 8oz ball-peen hammer...

joking aside, I'm really not sure what was wrong with it. Themotor works. there was strong suction going from the motor up until the dust collection bin, then it just vanished. I sealed the bin, swapped filters, couldn't find leaks in the hose, epoxied the gaskets, but still, the suction just vanished the moment it reached the bin. pain in the arse. so I hit it with 'ammer and bought a new one.