[Swansea Hackspace] Proposal for new 3D Printer

Alex Duffield alexmduffield at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 16:25:15 GMT 2018

As the owner of 3 printers I can whole heartedly recommend the prusa mk3, I
would be happy to bring mine along on Monday if you want to see how it
works and how reliable it is, the only other one I've used that was
reliable was the CR10 but its main advantage (the massive build volume) is
lost on the limited time to print. I also can spearhead the construction of
the mk3 (which solo took me 6 hours so should be able to get down to 3 with
multiple people working on different axies) as I have done it before, might
I also recommend that since there is no known report of a prusa causing a
fire or even charring a connection that we could look at increasing the
print time and/or allowing to print unattended given its amazing
reliability? Just a thought

On 3 Mar 2018 4:18 p.m., "Justin Mitchell" <justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk>