[Swansea Hackspace] Storage Improvements

Aled punkaled at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 11:33:04 GMT 2018

If the shelves only need access from one side some thin ply or hardboard on the back would give enough bracing to make it plenty sturdy. MDF for shelves is no good it would just bend and warp under the weight and wouldn't last, it also needs to be completely sealed and is pretty nasty stuff in general.
I can bring a circular saw down if we do need to break down some ply sheets.

Personally if I was building shelves to hold plastic boxes I'd use hardwood and rout grooves to run the edges of the boxes in (IKEA style) but that might be beyond the budget we have. Alternatively a simple carcase with just battens to run the boxes on would work the same and alleviates the issue of shelves entirely.