[Swansea Hackspace] Bike front derailliers

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 13:18:16 GMT 2018

Hello!

I spent a day a couple of weekends ago cleaning my bike down and getting it ready for the one day of summer we will be shortly due.

I took it out today for a ride and noticed that the front derailleur is not functioning at all really. If I push the derailleur it works, but it doesn’t seem to be moving of it’s own volition.

Me and bike gears have a bit of a history where I’ve generally tried to fix something and made it much, much worse, so could someone give me a hand diagnosing it? It might just want replacing, and that’s fine (but annoying) and I’d rather be certain that that’s the case first.

Alternatively! Can anyone rate any local bike shops that do repairs? I know there’s a largish one here in Uplands and one near the guild hall, but I have no idea if their any good or overly expensive?

Thanks,

Matt Daubney