[Swansea Hackspace] Axespace at the Hackspace

Alan Cox alan at etchedpixels.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 22:56:44 GMT 2019

> I would like to establish a guitar repair/maintenance section within the hackspace. I've been told that I should gauge interest among the membership by asking the mailing list, so, here we are.
>
> What would the Axespace be:
> A new section in the hackspace dedicated to guitar repair and maintenance, with the eventual goal of a dedicated monthly or every-other-weekly night event, in the vein of Crafternoon, Flight Club, and Microcontrolers Monthly. If there's any interest in it, I'd also be interested in using the Axespace to teach some luthiery classes.

Would be interested (as and when I can actually get enough time to turn
up), and learn how to replace the crappy string trees on my guitar with
rollers for one.

> What equipment would be needed:
> Not much. the main addition to the space would be an electric guitar, on loan from myself to the space, and freely available for all members to strum to their heart's content, if they so fancy it. A small amplifier would also be added,

Maybe one of the small guitar->usb convertors would be a better option
and more civilised for the space. Plus letting you do all sorts of tech
fun with realtime effects on Linux and the like 8)

Alan