[Swansea Hackspace] 3D Printer cry for help.

CRAIG SAYCE craigsayce07 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 12 11:38:03 GMT 2020

Hello after posting my cry for help on your fb.com group page I was adviced to send in a message via e-mail my back ground to give you some idea as to why I'm unable to carry out the repairs myself.

I was on my first day of leave (just under 12yrs of service in the RAF) when I was involved in a car crash which left me with a broken neck after which I went into a great deal of rehab I was left able to walk but had weakness in all limbs and used sticks to aid my walking then after two years I had to have a colostomy and urostomy installed because I was unable to control the use of my bowl or bladder after about 6 months I found out my fieance had been cheating so we split apart and soon after I suffered a stroke which left me unable to walk or use my left hand and limited use of my right hand a year on and I got my first hernia I ask my specailiest to fix it but he refused which unfourtunatly impieded on my flow of urine putting back pressure on my kidneys which over time has lead to kidney failure and as such I have now just started dialysis. I do not like asking for help I will usually find a way to do what ever it is that needs doing but I know I'm not able to do what's needed this time. I'm looking for someone who knows what they are doing with a 3D Printer or at the very least someone who doesn't mind being the hands while I give instructions.

The printer I own is a Zaribo 420 with a bondtech mosquito extruder the faults are:-

Two nuts have worked their way through the wall of the x carraige seems like its delaminated? So the bondtech will need to be split from the x carriage and the carriage replaced then everything put back together.

The front blower has a wire thats come free of its soldering I've ordered a new fan but I believe that the wire could be reattached with a steady hand.

The PINDA probe will need to be reset and the print bed recalibrated (calibration is automattic).

There isn't really a lot needed doing a few hours perhapes maybe less but with the limited use of one hand it could take me weeks and much pain as simply moving is quite painfull.
I'd be very happy to cover travel expense to get here for someone who travelled from the S.Wales area as I'm undergoing dialysis the days I'm able to work on this are.

Tuseday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

Please I really need help.

Craig Sayce.

Bridgend.