[Swansea Hackspace] Welcome Swansea Hackspace 4.0!

Andy Rush Andymrush at live.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 10:52:20 GMT 2020

Good news, Everyone!

We've taught the toaster to feel love! And also, as of yesterday, the Hackspace has a new home!

For those of you not on our Discord, we're proud to finally announce that all the paperwork has been signed, and the keys are in our hands. Swansea Hackspace will soon have a new home in the City Centre, in the upper two floors of what was once Knitters and Sewer's World.

Now, as Alice said in her email last week, this is a significantly larger space than our previous Wind Street space, and in need of some DIY and renovation, which we will be doing ourselves. We will soon be calling on our membership for volunteers in various tasks-painting, decorating, moving and transport, etc. Effectively, the same duties as last september, but in reverse.

Before that, though, we will be organising some socially distanced bookings for members to come see the new Space.

We would like to thank everyone who has  stuck with us throughout this uncertain time. Thanks folks. Your continued support keeps us going.

Andy Rush
Director,
Swansea Hackspace