[Swansea Hackspace] Fwd: Please participate and share // Survey for Makerspace users

Alice Mitchell alice at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Thu Oct 29 15:34:46 GMT 2020

-------- Forwarded Message --------From: David Zakoth <
david.zakoth at uni-weimar.de>To: info at swansea.hackspace.org.ukSubject:
Please participate and share // Survey for Makerspace usersDate: Thu,
29 Oct 2020 15:22:58 +0100

<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Times New Roman \(Textkörper CS\)";
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:595.0pt 842.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
 /* List Definitions */
 ol
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
-->

Dear Swansea Hackspace team,

how do you use Makerspaces and where are
your interests in using them? Our scientific survey deals with these
and other
topics.

The research aims to learn more about the
interests of Makers. This includes usage purposes and different
scenarios of
collaboration. The participation helps me with my PhD and also serves
improve the services of our Lichtwerkstatt Makerspace (Germany) and
other
Makerspaces.

It would be very nice if you would share
the survey in your maker community. The survey only takes 20 minutes
and
we donate 1,00 € for each completed survey to the Maker-Community!

ENGLISH version:

https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/MakerspaceUsers/?a=1

GERMAN version:

https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/MakerspaceUsers/?a=2

ADVANTAGES OF PARTICIPATION

- We donate 1,00 € for each completed
survey to the maker community (makervsvirus.org/spenden/)

- You help us to improve our and other
Makerspaces

- You support a PhD project

- Upon request you will receive a summary
of the results

A few words on my personal background:

I do my PhD in the field of makerspaces and
open innovation processes at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar.
Furthermore, I
work at the Lichtwerkstatt Makerspace which has a strong focus
on light and optics (photonics). With the Lichtwerkstatt Makerspace we
support
projects that make photonics technology more affordable and accessible
for
everyone. One of the projects in our Makerspace is UC2. A modular
optical
toolbox that allows you to build your own microscope and many other
optical
systems. It uses 3D-printing and is open source. More info on that
project you
can find here: https://useetoo.org/home/ and on
GitHub: https://github.com/bionanoimaging/UC2-GIT.

I would be very thankful for support. If
you have any questions reach out to me any time!

Thanks a lot, and best regards,

David