[Swansea Hackspace] 3 in 1 soldering station

Aled punkaled at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 16:44:24 GMT 2020

Hi all, I've been struggling with my old soldering iron, it's a plug straight into the mains type (no temperature control) and while it's been fine for 20 years with a fat tip for bigger jobs it seems to get too hot with smaller tips and burns easily and the standard tip is much too big for fiddly little jobs.
So I was thinking of getting something newer with better control, and as I have found the need of a heat gun now and again I thought I'd look at the 2 in 1 jobs similar to the hot air gun at the hackspace. While looking at various Chinese models I came across some 3 in 1 types which also include a DC bench power supply and was wondering if anyone's had any experience with them and if they're any good or is it a case of trying to do too many things and being unsatisfactory at all of them?
The particular one I was looking at ishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Mbuynow-Soldering-Station-Solder-Nozzles/dp/B076J8MN15
CheersAled.