[Swansea Hackspace] Potential new venue for meetings

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:46:06 BST 2013

Hi all,

I had a meeting with Volcano Theatre Company (229 High Street) this
morning, and they have offered us use of their space for future hackspace
meetings. I approached Volcano specifically because I want to get a more
diverse group of people, especially artists, involved. Volcano is part of
the Swansea Creative Hub, and there are a number of art collectives/studios
nearby. I also want to avoid the perception that we're part of the
university, in order to make those not affiliated with Swansea University
feel more welcome.

Volcano is located in an area where we have a good chance of obtaining a
more permanent space in the future, so this could also be seen as a test to
see how easy it is for us to get to.

They are willing to host us for free for the next technical meeting on
Monday 4 November. There are couches, tables and chairs, but we'll have to
provide all our own equipment (including data projector if necessary).

Your comments are welcome.

Cheers,
Gerrit