[Swansea Hackspace] Warning! Ceri's 3d printer

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 17:28:02 GMT 2017

This is a warning to anyone who tries to use Ceris printer not to do so unless they know how to fix the state it is in.

It has gone wrong and I am afraid damage will be done if it is just switched on,

I tried to use it to print a file from Thingiverse and it started to move the head and went to the edge and pressed down hard tilting the bed and vibrating.

I switched it of fearing it would be damaged. I tried switching it on and using the menus in the hope I could remedy this and it started vibrating again.

Looking at it the head has gone beyond the edge of the bed and downwards and is caught there.

I have placed a warning notice on the machine.

I dont think it is damaged . I think it is just a matter of raising the head but I dont want to attempt anything else unless I know for certain how to remedy the problem and I advise others do likewise.

I dont know what caused this. I followed all the steps and checked the Gcode.

Neil